It’s time to face one fact; your website needs a makeover
Your current website is cluttered and dated and doesn’t do anything special to stand out. What does your website say about you? How do people feel when they visit it? Does it feel inviting and welcoming? Does it inspire confidence in the quality of your business’s products or services?
These questions can help you identify areas where a website redesign can represent your brand better. For example, if your brand is fun and casual, but your website looks too formal and stuffy, visitors may feel like they’re entering a corporate office instead of an innovative company with big dreams. In that case, there is something wrong with how people perceive the brand.
A redesign is a perfect opportunity to rebrand your business and give consumers an updated experience they’ll love. Creating a more inviting atmosphere on your website, including social media, will better represent your brand.
Here at ProductDock, we’ve recently redesigned our website, and here are key reasons why we did it and why it could be something you could consider if you plan to redesign the site:
Rebranding: The design details that bring your brand to life
The design of your website should be an extension of your business or organization’s personality. It should be relatable and memorable but also unique enough so that people can tell that it belongs to you.
The relatability and uniqueness of the design are especially important when rebranding. You can only expect someone else to understand what your brand represents if you clearly understand it yourself. It’s time to start thinking about the big picture—how do you want people to feel when they come across your website? What do you want them to remember the experience by?
The first step in creating a great design is knowing who you are as a company. How do you want people to feel when they visit your site? Do you want them to feel excited or calm? Would you want them to think they’re in good hands or that they need to be on the lookout for danger?
Once you’ve figured out the tone of your brand, it’s time to figure out its look. What colors do you associate with your business? How would those colors look on screen? Can you use any patterns or symbols from your logo in the background of your site?
Once these questions have been answered, it’s time for the fun part: making it real!
At ProductDock, we believe that a good brand is not just about how it looks but also how it feels. That’s why we’ve recently rebranded our website.
We wanted to ensure that our visual identity represents who we are. Our crew values open-mindedness and fair relationships, rejecting artificial distance. Our visual identity unifies diverse aspects of our business through a consistent illustrative narrative that showcases our human side.
To do this, we’ve kept a consistent color code, typography, font hierarchy, iconography, and more—ensuring that everything works together seamlessly. We intended to preserve our brand personality and make it visible throughout the site.
Blogging for SEO: Make your website more search engine-friendly
Even though your site is well-designed, easy to navigate, and provides valuable information—if no one sees it—all the hard work has been for nothing.
Adding valuable content, such as a blog, will help drive more traffic and make your website more search engine friendly.
Keyword research is an essential part of any blogging strategy. To ensure people find your content, look at what terms they use when searching for information. Then, incorporate those words into your document’s titles, headers, body copy, meta descriptions, and URLs. Also, when you create blog posts, remember to link them to the related articles on your website. This way, when the search engines crawl your site, they will understand better how the content relates to each other.
We’ve integrated blogging into our content strategy because it’s one of the best ways to get people interested in what we offer and increase the number of visitors who come back regularly for updates!
Create a website that converts
As the saying goes, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” And that’s especially true when it comes to your website, where most of your potential customers will encounter your brand for the first time. They may never give you another chance if they don’t like what they see there.
Your website is vital for attracting new customers and turning them into loyal fans. Your website is the primary source of information for potential customers. Thus, it must be designed to convert visitors into leads and improve conversion rates.
However, if your website design isn’t up to date, it could be holding you back from reaching these goals. Here are just a few reasons why redesigning your website can help you generate more leads:
- It improves the user experience. A website makeover can help you improve the user experience by making it easier for users to find what they’re looking for and make an actionable next step (e.g., “buy online,” “contact us,” etc.).
- It gives you a fresh perspective on your brand identity and voice. Redesigning provides an opportunity to evaluate your brand’s communication with customers and adjust it for improved efficacy.
- Redesigning your website allows you to enhance your current content with engaging visuals, dynamic presentations, and interactive elements that encourage visitors to stay longer and take action on offers.
It can be challenging, but we know converting visitors into leads is important. We drive a lot of traffic to our site, but we want those visitors to become leads. Here are some great strategies that we’ve found helpful:
- When people visit our site, we try to give them something unique that they can’t find anywhere else, a free ebook or other premium content we have created. Giving people this type of incentive will make them feel special and is more likely to get them talking about our business than just asking straight up for their email addresses.
- We use a strong call-to-action on every page to encourage people to click through to another page or form. We also use videos and other content that matches our brand voice and aesthetic to drive conversions without being too pushy.
- We understand who our target audience is, what they care about most, and how they talk about the things they care about most (on social media, etc.) and try to make sure that everything about our website reflects those things—from its design elements down to its copywriting style!
Make your site more functional
If you’re looking to make an impact with your website redesign, adding functionality is the way to go. You’ll want to consider things like a contact us form, live chat, and online appointment scheduling—all of which will help users feel like they’re getting in touch with you easier than ever before.
These functionalities can strengthen user relationships with your brand and increase leads and conversions by making it easy for them to engage with you without having to call or email first (which takes time). It makes sense—if someone wants something from you and doesn’t have time to wait for a response via email or phone but wants fast answers about products or services, then why not give them what they want?
There are many ways to add additional functionality, and we implemented the following:
- Live chat – enables users to talk directly with someone from the company without having to call or email first. It’s perfect for those who want fast answers about products or services but don’t have time to wait for a response via email or phone.
- Online appointment scheduling – allows users to schedule appointments online through the website instead of calling or emailing back and forth multiple times before getting everything set up properly so they can come in person later down the road once everything is ready on both sides (like booking an appointment).
- Chatbot: TinyMe is an OpenSource project (link: https://github.com/VisualVest-GmbH/) built by one of our teams in collaboration with one of our clients. Other than being a Chatbot, it guides the user through a question-and-answer flow to deliver, depending on the answers, an insightful result to the user. At ProductDock, we use TinyMe for quick and fun user surveys and on our career site to make it easy and delightful for potential candidates to get in touch with us.
- Events Calendar – lets people know what we’re offering in the near future, including workshops and webinars.
- Contact forms – enable users to get in touch with us immediately, and it’s on every page of our site.
- Search – allows users to find products by keyword or category. So if you know what you’re looking for but don’t know where exactly it is on our website, this tool will help you find it in seconds!
In summary, a website is a business’s face online. It’s a platform to build your company’s digital brand and increase its web visibility. It should provide value, be inviting, and provide information about your company. Ideally, visitors would start looking at it as an extension of your corporate identity and visit it to learn more about your products or services.
A website redesign is a great way to rebrand your business and create the image you want in the minds of your customers. Redesigning can increase traffic, improve SEO performance and earn more leads. Whether your site’s been around for 20 years or it’s brand new like ours, there are benefits to freshening up your image.